In a residential house, a water tank or toren is a water storage center that provides clean water for all the needs in the house. Therefore, water tanks play an important role.
So many brands and types of tanks on the market. From the material alone, there are 3 types of tanks namely fiber glass, stainless steel, and polyethylene. Different material, it turns out it has a different influence on the health of the water in it. Different material, different resistance to weather and moss. Moss in the water tank will certainly reduce the quality of the water contained in the toren.
To find out which water tank you should choose, you should first know the advantages and disadvantages. Here are the advantages and disadvantages of each material from the water tank or toren.
– Has a light weight and solid looking texture.
– Vulnerable to impact and the wall of the tank is easily cracked. This makes fiber fibers fall easily so that it can contaminate the water in them. Fiber which dissolves in water is not digested by the body so it can cause cancer.
– Not resistant to UV and oxidation when sunburned, makes it easy for mold to grow which will reduce the quality of water in it.
– Maintenance costs are relatively expensive.
– Parts of porous walls are difficult to repair.
– Not translucent in the sun, so it doesn’t overgrow moss.
– It is not easy to change shape even if there is water pressure in the tank.
– Recognition from the FDA (Food, Drug & Administration)
– The shape seems luxurious, elegant, and exclusive.
– The price is expensive
– Resistance to chemical liquids is limited.
– Easy corrosion or corrosion on welds or joints, especially for users in coastal areas.
– Only for storing clean water or PAM, because ground water contains acids that can cause rust.
– Repair costs are very expensive.
– Leaks on the wall are difficult to repair or patch
– Made from lightweight and easy plastic if you want to move
– A solid wall layer that is resistant to impact, pressure, and does not easily leak
– Has a special layer that can inhibit the growth of mold or mildew.
– Impressed less luxurious or exclusive than stainless steel.
This is How to Choose a Water Tank
– Determine the number of users who will use clean water in 1 day, so they can find out how many liters of tank capacity is needed in one day
– Determine the type of tank that matches the tank capacity needed
– Choose a tank that is free of moss. Moss develops in the presence of light, so it must be ensured that a good water tank is impervious to light so that the stored water is always clean
– Choose a tank with material material that has been tested and has an FDA certificate stating that the material is safe to come into contact with drinking water and other food ingredients
– A good tank must contain UV protection which is protection against weather and radiation
– Choose the certified that will ensure that the stored water will not smell and taste, so the product is safe for long-term use
– Guaranteed guarantee. A good product will ensure certainty for consumers of products with quality processes and procedures
That’s a variety of water tank materials if you will apply them in your home.